Events and Competition Coordinator
- Proven Events experience required
- 12 month Maternity Leave Contract - 76 hours per fortnight
- Join the growing team at Gymnastics WA
We are currently looking for an Events and Competition Coordinator to join our growing team at Gymnastics WA in Leederville.
To be considered for this role you would need to have a tertiary qualification in a relevant field or equivalent professional experience.
You will also need to demonstrate:
- Experience working in the sport and recreation and/or events sector
- Proven Customer Service experience and communication skills
- The ability to deliver events, initiatives and/or projects
- An understanding of preparing and reporting to budgets
- Drive, passion and initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to work in a team environment and autonomously
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- A passion for volunteers and an understanding of the culture of a volunteer based organisation
- Current Driver's Licence
- Working with Children Card
- National Police Clearance
You will be responsible for the planning and delivery of a range of Gymnastics WA events, and activities and will contribute to driving gymnastics initiatives which link to the Gymnastics WA Strategic Plan.
This will include, but will not be limited to:
- Coordination of metro and regional events including: planning, preparation, logistics, delivery and evaluation
- Annual reviews of event structures, policies, manuals, processes and forms
- Preparing budgets for individual events and activities
- Setting up required scoring programs for each event and ensuring they meet the requirements of the sport
- Being involved in the recruitment and retention of volunteers
- Compiling articles for the Gymnastics WA website, social media and other communication channels when required
The position is a full-time maternity leave contract (76 hours per fortnight). However, a flexible approach to working hours is required, due to the nature of working within a state sporting association. The nature of the position requires some out of hours and weekend work, which is recognised in the remuneration package offered.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
If you think you have the skills and experience we are looking for, APPLY NOW and fill in the online application form.