Head of Delegation Nominations
Head of Delegation - MAG, WAG, RG, TRP & ACR State Teams
Head of Delegation Nomination Form
HOD Nomination Forms are due into GWA by 3rd February 2017. For further information regarding the Head of Delegation position on the 2017 State Team, please contact Melissa Read email@example.com or 9228 9399.
There are two Head of Delegation (HOD) positions on offer in 2017:
HOD One - Men's & Women's Gymnastics (MAG & WAG)
HOD Two - Rhythmic, Trampoline & Acrobatic Gymnastics (RG, TRP & ACR)
However if there is a single applicant willing to take on both positions (and therefore be in Melbourne for the entire event) then the GWA Board will take any such applications into consideration as well. The HOD is a fully-funded position which is appointed by the GWA Board.
The 2017 Australian Championships are being held from 20th May - 2nd June at Hisense Arena, Melbourne. Draft dates for each week are as follows:
Week 1 (MAG & WAG) - 22nd - 28th May
Week 2 (RG, TRP & ACR) - 31st May - 4th June
HOD Nominees must:
- Have demonstrated ability or have previous experience in a Team Management or Head of Delegation role
- Demonstrate leadership ability
- Show qualities of empathy, patience and initiative
- Have the ability to multi-task
- Have any other qualifications and/or skills which may contribute to a successful team experience
- Fulfil any other criteria as outlined in the HOD Job Description
- Purchase their own State Team Uniform
- Be prepared to supply a personal credit card for any incidentals when collecting the hire vehicles (any charges will be reimbursed by GWA if applicable)
Successful applicants will be notified shortly following selection at the January 2016 GWA Board Meeting.
GWA State Team Policies
The following documents can be found on the Policies page on the GWA Website:
- GWA State Team Policy (includes selection criteria)
- GWA Discipline & Appeal Policy (include Injury Petitions)
- GWA Member Protection Policy Part D - Code of Conduct
- GWA Social Media & Communications Policy
All nominees for the HOD must be familiar with the content of each policy, so please take the time to review them every year prior to submitting a nomination form. Updates to GWA Policies occur annually (Jan/Feb). Should changes to any of the above policies occur, all nominees will be notified accordingly and will need to agree to any amendments and / or additions.
State Team Uniforms
HOD nominees are not required to order uniform at the time of nominations, as they will be unable to try uniforms on prior to the due date for nominations. Successfully selected HOD's will get the opportunity to order State Team uniform along with the remainder of the team in February 2017. The dates for the uniform try-on sessions, as well as a list of uniform items required by each State Team member can be found on the Uniforms page on the GWA website.
State Team Management Meetings
The Head of Delegation is required to attend State Team Planning Meetings along with the GWA staff and the Team Manager / Head Coach for each gymsport. Meeting dates are as follows:
- Wednesday 12th April (HOD, Head Coach & Team Manager)
- Wednesday 10th May (HOD & Team Manager only)
Please mark these dates in your diary now, as it is essential that the Head of Delegation is present at these meetings.