Healthway works in partnership to build a healthy and more active Western Australia.
Recently, Healthway has partnered with WA School Canteen Association (WASCA) to offer up to $4,000 in funding to Western Australian community sporting clubs, with a club run canteen, kiosk or food service, competing in a recognised summer 2019/2020 sporting competition.
The aim of this funding opportunity is to achieve the following objectives set out by Healthway and WASCA;
- Increase healthy food options at club run canteens or kiosks
- Reduce sugary drinks within club run canteens or kiosks
- Reduce, wherever possible, the promotion of unhealthy messages or brands
- Improve club member awareness of healthy eating choices
- Educate and up-skill canteen managers and/or staff in offering healthy food and drinks in community sporting venues.
This funding is available for all eligible affiliated gymnastics clubs in Western Australia. In addition to the funding, WA School Canteen Association will provide clubs with free training and assistance across the season to help clubs in the preparation of healthier menus at the club.
Funds granted by Healthway can be used to improve the health and wellbeing of members and spectators in the areas of nutrition. Eligible funding items include kitchen preparation appliances such as a display fridge.
Funds granted by Healthway cannot be used for the following;
- Day to day running costs of the club
- Uniforms and clothing
- Travel costs
- Purchasing of food or drinks for the canteen or kiosk.
For more information about eligibility and the conditions of the program please download and read the Application guidelines . For any other queries or questions contact Cassandra at WASCA on 9264 5320 or email@example.com.
Applications close Friday 11th October 2019 and can be lodged here.
This is a fantastic opportunity for clubs to receive additional funding for the summer season.