Gymnastics WA would like to acknowledge Karon Williams, who has held the position of President of Gymnastics WA Board for the past 4 years. Since 2015, Karon has played a critical role in the success and development of gymnastics in WA and while Karon has stepped down as the President of Gymnastics WA, she will continue to offer assistance and guidance as she will remain a member of the Gymnastics WA Board. We want to thank her for the years of dedicated service which saw Gymnastics WA achieve many significant accomplishments, including:
- Consecutive years of membership growth
- Chairing a cohesive Board
- Increased reach throughout regional WA
- Improved recognition of achieving athletes, coaches and officials
- Enhanced the Governance and Financial management focus of the organisation at Board level and within the association
- Developing further internal management and review procedures, including the implementation of a four year strategic plan
- Developed and introduced a Board Review in 2017 was formally recognised for this achievement by receiving the
- Gymnastics WA awarded the 2016/2017 Organisational Excellence Award at the Sport and Recreation Industry Awards as a result of the introduction of the Board Review
- Led the organisation in the establishment of the National Centre of Excellence - Perth
- Strong Representation of WA interests at a National level
- Karon was also awarded a Gymnastics WA Life Membership in 2019.
We cannot thank Karon enough for the dedication, passion, enthusiasm and motivation she has given Gymnastics WA. We look forward to continuing the working relationship with Karon as she steps into an elected position of the Board.
Marketing and High Performance Manager
(08) 9228 9399
0413 023 893