Hosting a Coaching Course
GWA is excited to offer the opportunity for affiliated clubs the opportunity to partner with us in delivering Coaching Courses within their own venue.
An affiliated club may now apply to host a Gymnastic Australia Coaching Course within their own club venue.
The club will be eligible to reserve a number of spots in the Course by completing the form below and working with the GWA Education Administrator. GWA will reserve these spots in the LMS, giving the club’s coaches priority for the Face to Face course. The individual candidates will still be required to log into the LMS and purchase the relevant Face to Face Coaching Course.
The GWA Education Administrator will provide the service of tracking the club’s candidates prior to the commencement of the Course, including sending reminders and providing assistance to candidates to complete the pre-course work prior to the Face to Face Course.
The club will agree to provide the use of their venue free of charge. GWA will promote the Coaching Course to the GWA community and will organise a presenter to deliver the Course. There will be no minimum number of candidates required to run the Course, subject to presenter availability and no conflicts with the GWA calendar.
Regional based clubs are able to take advantage of hosting a Coaching Course within their venue, however funding of travel and accommodation for the presenter will be on a case-by-case basis and discussed with the GWA Development Manager.
Bookings will commence upon receipt of your request and presenter availability.
We ask that you complete the form below and submit 8 weeks prior to the proposed date that your club would like to run a Coaching Course. Please note the times for each Course will vary depending on the accreditation level and GymSport.
- Bookings will be allocated and finalised in order of the date the bookings are received. Clubs will be notified by email once the Course date has been finalised.
- Please ensure you specify which GymSport, level of accreditation, club name and the club contact details.
- Please ensure you have read and understand the pre-course requirements. GWA Education Administrator can provide this information if required.
When hosting a Beginner or Intermediate Coaching Course, you will need to ensure the gymnastics facility is available for the whole day (times listed below), with presenters arriving up to 30 minutes prior to the Course commencing.
- Beginner Course running time: 9am – 5pm
- Intermediate Course running time: 8:30am - 5pm
- If a club would like to request an alternative time frame i.e split over two sessions, please indicate this on the form below.
Advanced Coaching Course run for 2 full days with presenters arriving up to 30 minutes prior to the course commending.
- *Advanced Full Course running time (2 days): 8:30am – 5pm
- *If a club would like to request an alternative time frame i.e split over multiple days, please indicate this on the form below.
Please indicate the number of candidates your club would like to reserve into the course on the form below. We will require their full name and the candidate must have an active LMS (Learning Management System) account.
A club member must be available to open and close the venue as per Course running times, allowing extra time prior to the Course commencing and post-course.